GYM FOR ALL – THE RIGHT PLACE TO START
In the Gym For All program, gymnasts of all ages have fun learning how to move with confidence and competence! From our youngest participants, who are climbing and jumping to our older ones, who are turning cartwheels, everyone is learning the fundamental movement and sports skills that are at the core of all other sports.
Who is this program for? Gym For All is for participants who attend classes, once or twice a week.This is the place to discover which gym sport you have a passion for; artistic, trampoline, tumbling, circus arts-performance, or cross training for other sports. Classes allow time to explore, try something new, and build the base upon which more advanced skills can be learned and strengthened.
It is a lifelong path to active living that starts as early as 14 months and extends to our oldest athletes and team members. Gym For All programs start athletes on the right path for long-term athlete development. Starting in a FUN, FITNESS & FUNDAMENTALS approach program to learn foundation skills, this stage is followed in BUILDING SKILLS for success. As athletes gain experience and with hours of practice time, they will move into the LEARN to TRAIN stage, furthering their aspirations in a competitive level and/or in a performance program as part of a Gymnaestrada display team.
GYM FOR ALL PROGRAMS FOCUS ON:
Gymnastics is FUN!
Gymnastics is about “how the body moves”. Where else do you have the opportunity to swing, spring, balance, run, jump and rotate in one class?
Gymnastics is the roots of almost every other sport; all skills originate from one or a combination of fundamental movement patterns. In every class participants play with the fundamentals, doing activities and skills that include:
- Stationary positions
- Object manipulation
Playing with these fundamental movement patterns, develops Physical Literacy.
Gymnastics as a “foundation sport”, for all physical activity: is recognized by the International Olympic Committee. Gymnastics can be adapted to be inclusive for everyone. Participation:
- Contributes to a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Enhances sport participation and enjoyment.
- Improves physical and motor capabilities that we can draw on for a lifetime.
- Provides opportunity to build on social, mental and emotional growth.
- Builds competency and confidence to perform for and with others.
- Allows those with the interest and ability to achieve success as they move up steps of the recreational or competitive ladder in gymnastics and trampoline.
How do I register? Programs run in 10 week and 20 week sessions. You may register online, in person, or by phone.
- 1 to 4 hour, once a week.
- Classes are grouped by age and ability.
- Noted classes may require Parent Participation (Small & Tall Drop-In and Squiggles).