Interested in a job as a gymnastics coach? Want to improve your leadership skills? KGTC is offering a Pre – Coach in Training Program! In the Pre-Coach in Training Program, you’ll learn about the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle, and gymnastics as a fundamental movement sport. You’ll study the ABCs of physical literacy and gain hands-on coaching experience under the guidance of our most qualified coaches.
The Coach in Training program teaches skills through group discussion, gymnastics training, mentorship and apprenticeship with coaches. It consists of approximately:
- 15 hours of instructional training with our experienced NCCP certified coaches over a 7 week period
- 6 hours of shadow coaching throughout the duration the course, and
- 40 hours (minimum) of voluntary coach shadowing in our Active Start and Fundamental programs following the completion of the instructional training. During this period, you will shadow coaches in a variety of classes with opportunities to lead games, stretches, and explain and demonstrate skills on all apparatus.
Who is this program for?
- A high school student (14 and a half + years old) with a background in dance, gymnastics or a related sport.
- A university student in a recreation, kinesiology or education program.
- A parent or active retiree looking for a fun and rewarding part-time job.
- A positive, enthusiastic person with a passion for making a difference in the lives of kids through sport.
- Applicants must be 14 and a half years old or older.
- Training sessions will occur over several weeks at KGTC.
- Participants can expect to have an interactive experience in learning leadership and coaching skills by using a combination of hand-ons practice, reflection, and traditional classroom learning techniques.
- Instructional training will begin Sunday May 9th @ 3:00pm
- Once you have completed your 40 volunteer coaching hours, you must complete the following certifications to be hired as a KGTC employee:
- NCCP Foundations Certifications (Theory, Introduction, and Discipline Specific)
- Respect in Sport Online certification
- Making Ethical Decisions Certification
- PRC for individuals 18+ years
- PLEASE NOTE: Participation in the Pre-CIT program does not guarantee that you will continue in the program past the instructional training. KGTC reserves the right to determine which individuals will continue to volunteer shadow coach following the pre-CIT course. Participation in the Pre-CIT program does not guarantee employment at KGTC.
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com in order to be considered to participate in the program.
Not all individuals that apply may be selected to participate in the program. If you are not selected for this intake, you may apply for the next intake in approximately 6 months.
Cost: $200. The cost of this program covers instructional time and leadership training. Registration and payment link will be provided once you are accepted into the program.
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 23th EOD
To learn more: Please contact our Coaches in Training Coordinator Jayleen Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org