KGTC is a member-based, not-for-profit athletic facility that inspires enthusiasm for and lifelong involvement in gymnastics | trampoline | diving by providing positive and diverse programming. With an exemplary record of over 37 years of service to the athletic community, KGTC is a proud recipient of the 2012 Ed Brougham Club of the Year Award by Gymnastics Canada. KGTC is a well-equipped 15,000 square foot facility and is part of a multi-sport Tournament Capital Centre that neighbours Thompson Rivers University (TRU).
KGTC – Kamloops Gymnastics | Trampoline Centre was established in 1979 as a registered not-for-profit society (c. # S-0015074) and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The society currently has an office and a coach team of approximately 35 people. The administration of the society recommends fee and policy implementation and changes to the Board of Directors for amendments, development and approval in a timely manner or on an annual basis.
The members of the society are the parents of the children registered in all of our gymnastics | trampoline programs (regular members) and anyone who is of service to the society and that the board of directors votes to include as an honorary member. Each September, at the Annual General Meeting, the members elect the Board of Directors and Executive Officers of the society from among the regular and honorary membership.
Because KGTC is a not-for-profit society, we rely heavily on the support of our membership. To keep our fees as low as we can, we ask our members to volunteer their time within various aspects of the club, and we ask our members to complete certain requirements. Please see the Family Participation Program (FPP) located in Gymnast Membership/Documents.
The purposes of KGTC are:
- To provide quality gymnastics, sport and physical development programs that enhances participants’ mental and physical development and self-confidence.
- To ensure that gymnastics is available to a maximum number of children in the area and not just to those of high skill.
- To encourage long-term participation and involvement in KGTC program opportunities.
VISION – KGTC Envisions a Future Where:
- People from all walks of life will have the opportunity to participate in and enjoy gymnastics | trampoline and related activities in a program that encourages learning; values each individual; and supports the achievement of personal goals in a safe and healthy environment.
- All members will understand their role in the club, will be engaged as volunteers, enjoy a sense of community, contribute to the overall well-being of the club, understand the communication of protocols, honour the history of the club and its alumni, and feel a sense of belonging and loyalty.
- The board of directors will attend to the overall direction of the club, establish and maintain the policies of the organization, and provide a long-term framework and succession plan to ensure that passionate, professional people are the leaders of the club’s activities and mission.
- The club is located in the Tournament Capital Centre and is its own entity that will work in a supportive partnership with other leaseholders and stakeholders in the facility while operating satellite programs serving a multitude of constituents of Kamloops and surrounding communities.
KGTC will foster the physical, mental and emotional development of its Athletes to achieve personal excellence inclusive of all abilities and goals, in the disciplines of Gymnastics | Trampoline.