As a Parent/Guardian of a Developmental, Performance or Competitive division athlete, I agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
- Not enforce an unwilling child to participate in sport.
- Remember that children are involved in organized sports for their enjoyment, not mine.
- Encourage my child to always play by the rules.
- Make my child feel like a winner by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
- Teach my child that honest effort is as important as awards, so that the result of each competition is accepted without undue disappointment.
- Never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing.
- Turn defeat into victory by helping my child work towards skill improvement and good sportsmanship.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Applaud good performance by your child and/or team and by members of other teams as well.
- Not publicly question the official’s or coach’s judgement or honesty.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse form sporting activities and facilities.
- Recognize the value and importance of coaches and officials that give their time and resources.
- Recognize and support the training decisions made by my child’s coach for my child best interest. Including the course of action for training and conditioning following an injury.
- Follow any mandates/policy as set out by KGTC.
VIEWING AREA GUIDELINES
- Be respectful of others, their abilities, opinions, belongings and feelings.
- Ensure the conversation, behaviour and language is appropriate for a public facility that caters to all cultures, diversities and age groups.
- As per the Tournament Capital Centre (TCC) Rules and Regulations, I will refrain from Photography and Video Recording at ALL times in the Viewing Area. Please see Member Service to arrange alternative locations where this is permissible.
OUR GOAL is to have an open, positive and relaxed atmosphere. Please report any misconduct or suspicious activity to KGTC Staff.
Parents, we appreciate you! You put in many hours driving your child to and from the gym, training camps, competition and displays, long hours volunteering and fund your child to participate in sport. You are providing your child with the opportunity of a lifetime and you don’t get enough credit. Thank you and remember that your child will appreciate this immensely.